We recruit people for attitude and train for skills
We aim to recruit outstanding people. We would rather make no appointment than appoint someone who is not suited to our ethos. For this reason, we try to articulate clearly our vision, values and expectations when putting together information for applicants and we always give a lot of attention to appointing the right person.
We aim to recruit staff who are:
- are excited by their role and by the prospect of working with young people, even those who are less well motivated;
- love the processes of learning and teaching and are keen to continually develop their own skills;
- recognise that teaching can be a demanding job but get on with it rather than complaining;
- will subscribe to our ethos and ‘go the extra mile’ in terms of time and commitment to get the very best from our students;
- see break duty as an opportunity to talk to students;
- are quick to praise and slow to criticise;
- are not afraid to admit to seeing themselves as potential leaders of the future.
We are conscious that this may be your first contact with us and first impressions are very important. We hope that what you read, coupled with anything else you discover about us, inspires you to apply.
Mr Nick Summers | Headteacher
Support Staff Vacancies:
Train to Teach:
Lutterworth College is part of the LiFE MAT and Partners school direct partnership of schools. If you're interested in training to teach, you may find the partnership the ideal route into the profession.
Our vision is:
- to develop outstanding teachers of the future and guide them on a career path within our partnership schools
- to enhance trainees’ professional development through the delivery of our Professional Study Programme
- to provide our trainees with outstanding support and development in a positive and caring environment
We offer you:
- The opportunity to participate in a coordinated series of professional experiences led by good and outstanding teachers
- An expectation that successful graduates of this programme are likely to be considered for employment in our partnership
- The maximum possible amount of time working with students and developing the skills to become an outstanding teacher.
- The earliest possible opportunity to get into classrooms and make a difference to students’ life chances.
The Lutterworth Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment will be conditional upon employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure, satisfactory references and evidence of your right to work in the UK.