Sixth Form Bursary
Need financial support?
If you are aged 16-19 and studying in the Sixth Form you could get help with education related costs through the Post-16 Bursary.
This can be used to pay for things such as clothes, books, equipment for your studies, transport and mandatory educational visits.
There are two types of Bursary: Vulnerable Bursary and Discretionary Bursary and in order to be eligible for the funding you must meet certain criteria.
Up to £1,200 a year for young people in one of the following defined vulnerable groups:
- in care
- care leaver
- in receipt of Income Support, or Universal Credit in place of Income Support, in your own right
- in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit and Disability Living or Personal Independence Payments in your own right
Awarded by the Trust on an individual basis to help with the cost of transport, meals, books and equipment. The amount that will be paid is discretionary and you will be informed of the amount and frequency of payment only when an application is successful. One of the following eligibility criteria must be met:
- Student registered for Free School Meals
- Parents/carers in receipt of child Tax Credit and an annual household revenue that does not exceed £27,000.
- Parents/carers in receipt of income Support/Universal Credit
- Parents/carers in receipt of income based Job Seekers Allowance
To be eligible for either type of bursary students must:
- be aged over 16 and under 19 at 31 August
- meet the residency criteria in EFA funding regulations for post-16 provision
- be participating in provision that is subject to inspection by a public body which assures quality (such as Ofsted)
If you think you’re eligible and want to apply, please download and complete the bursary application form and return to the Finance office with any required supporting documentation to prove eligibility.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Finance team either in person, by telephone on 01455 205106 or email email@example.com